Thursday, June 9, 2016

June Journaling 9

I found a list of daily prompts for journaling in June and thought I'd give it a shot.

9. Your top priorities:

I would say that I prioritize myself and my health pretty highly. To that end, maintaining my job is important, but going in late or leaving early when I don't feel well is too. I try to eat a balanced diet with a lot of vegetables but also try to treat myself with compassion when food prep is difficult.

I run to help manage my anxiety and depression. A lot of people talk about "runner's high," but for me, the endorphins bring me up to a "normal" and balanced emotional state. It's especially hard to maintain the habit because I don't get positive reinforcement; I just get "not terrible" days.

I'm not naturally nurturing, and sometimes I think I care about my family largely out of enculturation and expectations. I'm nice to them because it's important to me to be good to others and to try to make the world a better place for those who need it most.

Faith and romantic relationships don't make the list, but friends do. I make an effort to regularly plan quality time with friends as I'm able. It's tough when I'd prefer to go to bed by 8 p.m., though.

Somewhere in here I prioritize social activism, but I'm not sure where it falls on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment