Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June Journaling 7

I found a list of daily prompts for journaling in June and thought I'd give it a shot.

7. The best thing about your day:

Today has been pretty unremarkable, but I enjoyed sorting through yesterday's pictures for the Beloved Beginnings self portrait photo series I'm working on.It's a self-paced 10-day course or workshop on "cultivating self-love through self-potraiture" by Vivienne McMaster.

I first did it two and a half years ago and came across it again as I was organizing some files. It's been long enough that the prompts feel fresh and new.

Yesterday after work, I parked at a park near my house and tried to find a path down to the creek. The first I saw was densely lined with poison ivy. The second, however, was clear and well-trodden. I kicked off my shoes, rolled up my slacks, and climbed down a small embankment to wade into the water, careful of the mossy limestone bed. I brought my selfie stick so I'd have a greater range of options.

You can read more about the course and sign up here.

A photo posted by Moniqa Aylin (@fierymon) on

No comments:

Post a Comment