Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June Journaling 18-20

I found a list of daily prompts for journaling in June and thought I'd give it a shot. Yes, it's late; life happens.

18. Something to give up:

I'm giving up this failure mindset that I will never ever make it out of debt. I'm not the first in my family to struggle with this, but I can do better. I have a lot of student loans I'm still paying, now 8 years since I graduated. And a big bank gave a 20-year-old kid a credit card with an $11k limit. That one's almost paid off, but I have more. I can definitely pay off my PayPal Credit and medical bills by the end of this year. If I work really hard at it, I could pay off some other stuff by the end of next year, but I don't see that realistically happening, so I'm setting a mid-2018 goal, which will coincide with paying off my car. I'll still have student loans at that point, but maybe there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. 

19. An area to grow in:

Well, I'm always improving my organization skills, even if I have too much stuff, and I'm always getting better at culling and donating. I frequently read books and blogs and take courses to improve my editing and design skills.

This year I have failed to establish a regular meditation practice, so maybe I could work on meditating more often going forward.
20. An exceptional skill you possess: 

I can identify the difference between a capital I and lowercase l in most sans-serif fonts.
I can identify the difference between a hyphen, an en dash, and an em dash and when to use each.
I belly dance.
I spin fire.
I make myself laugh.
I can list all 7 of my siblings' birthdays (but not years) and my parents' and step-parents' too.
  • Jan. 9
  • April 16
  • April 23
  • June 30
  • July 1
  • July 3
  • July 8
  • July 27
  • Aug. 20
  • Dec. 18
  • Dec. 25

I don't know; that's all I have for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment