Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fit Fatties Virtual Decathlon Update 2

I signed up to participate in the Fit Fatties Virtual Decathlon this year and am quickly knocking out events, so I may sign up for a Double Decathlon after all. Here is my planned list of possible events:

  • 1 mile walk/run/roll
  • 5k walk/run/roll
  • 10k walk/run/roll
  • Half Marathon walk/run/roll
  • Marathon walk/run/roll
  • Swim - quarter mile
  • Swim - half mile
  • Shimmy it Out (30 minute shimmy--can switch shimmy location through event)
  • Belly Dancing (60 minutes of dancing)
  • Set It Free (Complete a free weight workout)
  • Lift A Ton (Lift a total of 2000 pounds, not necessarily all at once - you can complete this over a month!)
  • Take a Hike (Enjoy at least a mile of the great outdoors.)
  • Take a Tread (Enjoy at least a mile of the great indoors.  Walk on the treadmill, elliptical or other machine, or just walk around inside.)
  • Stairway to Heaven (Climb 100 stairs in one day.)
  • Push It Good (Do 100 push-ups (any style) in one day.)
  • Walk the Plank (Do 60 minutes of planking in one day.)
  • Squat it Out (Do 100 squats in one day.)
  • Get in the Flow - 60 of work with flow toy, such as poi, staff, juggling, dance/fire fans, rola bola, balance ball, aerial silks or hoop, meteor
  • On thin Ice - 60 minutes of ice skating or rollerblading

In my previous update, I posted about my completion of the Stairway to Heaven, 1-mile Run, and Quarter-mile Swim. I have since completed four more.

Wednesday, January 8: 5k Run

Thursday, January 9: Half-mile Swim

Tuesday, January 14: On Thin Ice (60 minutes ice or roller skating)

It was scary with so many children skating the wrong way, but I managed not to fall this time. My wrist is still sore from the tumble I took last time I skated in November.

Thursday, January 16: Squat it Out (100 squats in one day)
I did 5 sets of 20 deep body-weight squats in one afternoon because that's as many as my knees will allow per set.

I keep doing the "Take a Tread" event pretty regularly and forgetting that it's an event. Maybe I'll remember to take a photo next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment