Thursday, April 7, 2016

I'm Going to Run a Marathon

I took the plunge and signed up with Team in Training to train for my first marathon, the Dallas Marathon on December 11, 2016. That's 26.2 miles. I don't even like driving that far.

How it works is that I commit to fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and they provide me race training with a coach and a local group.

Honestly, I'm really scared.
Two years ago I completed two half marathons while suffering through IT Band Syndrome, which caused excruciating knee pain that left me crying hard through the last mile or two of the 13.1-mile Honored Hero Run in October 2014.


Though I'll be working with a coach and seeing other runners once a week, I'll ultimately be logging hundreds of long, hot miles this summer and fall all alone. So I need your help:
  1. Ask me how training is going.
  2. Nicely point out my typos.
  3. Remind me to stretch.
  4. Donate if you can.
And I'll keep putting in the miles and keep you updated on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment