Monday, April 8, 2013

Hero Rush

Saturday I ran the Hero Rush, a 4-5 mi obstacle course with proceeds donated to firefighter charities.

It took us over 2 hours because none of us had trained and had to walk most of it. There were long lines, too, 20-30 minutes at one obstacle.

From L: my friend Sean, brother Parker, me, friend Tori


Hauling tires

My hips got stuck in the last row of ropes, so I rolled out onto my back at the end.

I hadn't climbed a rope since I was 9 or 10. Still haven't. This obstacle was way harder than it looked.

I kicked butt on the slack line obstacle, but I had the camera.


And then the water was waist- and chest-deep.


It wasn't supposed to be a mud run, but it had rained two days before.

See those finishers' medals?

Morning after bruises.

No comments:

Post a Comment