Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Ugly Sweater Run 5k

I ran the Ugly Sweater Run 5k at Fair Park over the weekend in Dallas with my brother. It was a pretty solid event benefiting Toys for Tots. The course was nice, the weather just a hair warm for running in sweaters, and the swag unique. Registration included an Ugly Sweater knit cap, a mustache tattoo, and two beers or hard ciders at the finish line. I happen to like the Angry Orchard Apple Cider offered at the Ugly Sweater Run and enjoyed the spiffy ugly sweater koozies. Parking was free, though a bit far from the start line, and this event was definitely worth the discounted $20 registration fee.





I did not make this monstrosity but bought it at a thrift store a few years ago. There are Santa worry dolls and plastic beads glued to it along with a plastic beaded wreath pinned to it and sequined Santa. I wish I had a better picture for you; it hurts to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment